Develop a New Methodology
The VCS methodology approval process offers developers a pathway for building new methodologies when no existing methodology addresses their needs. Under the methodology approval process, or MAP, proposed methodologies are assessed and validated by two separate and independent validation/verification bodies (VVBs); the first VVB is contracted by the methodology developer while the second is contracted directly by VCS.
The basic steps of the MAP:
- Methodology developer prepares and submits documentation
- VCS conducts 30-day public consultation
- Methodology developer contracts first VVB to review the methodology and produce an assessment report
- VCS contracts second VVB to review the methodology and produce an assessment report
- VCS reviews documentation and assessment reports
- VCS approves methodology for use if it meets all VCS requirements
To see the complete rules and requirements for developing a methodology, please refer to the Methodology Approval Process document.
- Who We Are
- How It Works
- Generate VCUs
- Validation & Verification
- Program Documents
- Press Room